Personio supports you in all of your HR processes, from managing applicants or vacations to payroll accounting. Receive a free Test-Account or find out in our 20 minute Webdemo which processes you can optimize through the use of more efficient software.
Tasks and Reminders
Never Forget Important
A plethora of jobs to do and a diary bursting from its seams – that’s a scenario all too familiar in HR. Have Personio automatically remind you of important events to make sure that nothing drops off of your radar.
Delegate tasks to colleagues, manage task allocation centrally and track pending to-dos.
All To-Dos at Your Fingertips
Check Off Tasks
in a Flash
by displaying a notification in the dashboard and sending an email.
Clicking on the dashboard link then takes them straight to the task,
where they can access all relevant information.
How HR Document Management Software Saves Your Sanity
HR Managers do not study for years and find a job in human resources in order to deal with piles of paperwork, endless processes, tedious documentation, duplicated information in multiple systems and frustrated employees.
More probably, they start out with the intention of working in HR to help people: to engage employees, encourage new recruits to want to join the company, train people to improve their skills, help people get promoted, and employ techniques to resolve frustrations when things are tough.
But the overwhelming need to deal with mundane, admin-based tasks wears them down to a point where they can become exhausted. More often than not, HR Managers know there has had to be a better way to deal with HR documents: The just don’t know how…
That’s why, when people find Personio’s HR document management software, things change for the better: saving time, saving frustration – and possibly even saving HR Managers’ sanity!
What is Document Management Software?
Before HR Managers are aware of Personio they may wonder, “What is HR document management software?” The answer is that HR document management software is a type of software that helps anyone involved in HR processes store the documents that relate to the people they employ.
HR document management software helps companies ensure their employees’ details are saved securely, maintained accurately, accessible to relevant people (including the employees themselves), and easy to access and update.
Good HR document management software actually makes it easier for HR to store and manage documents compliantly so they can spend more time doing the jobs that make the business better, and less time simply doing admin. In fact, it can even change employees lives for the better!
What Happens Once Good HR Document Management Software is Being Used Effectively?
Once HR Managers realize that HR document management software like Personio can help them, it’s much easier to manage, track, and keep employee and HR-related information up to date. Personio can also automate manual tasks (like writing referral letters) using templates, or by giving employees the power to update their own information (like a change of address or bank account details). Now, thanks to Personio, HR managers can regain their work-life balance and focus on doing what they were trained to do: help people get more value out of their work.
Benefits of HR Document Management Software
With HR Document Management Software like Personio:
- Everyone has access to the documents they need, at their fingertips, at any time.
- Documents can be created, based on templates (so there’s no need to duplicate effort).
- Filing is a breeze (everything can be stored in custom-named directories).
- Document access, retrieval and record-keeping is compliant with regulations as well as with GDPR requirements.
- Documents can be previewed at the click of a button – so there’s no need to download and save old versions.
- Employees have control over their own data – as well as the ability to upload their own documents (like qualifications or medical certificates).
- People can even upload documents in batch files (so there’s no need to upload payroll files one by one, ever again!).
- Spreadsheets are a thing of the past!
What Kind of Documents Can Be Stored by HR Document Management Software?
When you think about the entire employee lifecycle – from the moment that a prospective employee sees an advert on a job board for your company, or falls in love with your company branding and seeks out your jobs page, there is paperwork: lots and lots of paperwork!
This paperwork has to be stored in compliance with rules and legislations like GDPR, and even deleted at an appropriate time – including once an employee leaves a company or an applicant is turned down for a position. Personio helps store, access, edit and retrieve all these documents digitally. You can even set reminders so you don’t forget to delete documents.
Type of Employee Documents that Need to Be Managed Securely
- Government / tax-related information such as P60s and even P45s
- Performance and development documentation
- Employee responses to surveys
- Recruiting information
- Benefits information – pension details, next of kin forms, stock options etc.
- Medical and sick leave data – but not disability information
- Resignation or retirement-related documentation
- Job applications
- Direct debit and bank account information
- Work anniversaries – start date, end of probation date, years of service
- KPIs or performance related information
- Payroll information – salary slips
- Annual leave and long-term leave accrual
- Official government documentation – passports, ID documents, and National
- Insurance numbers
- Rewards and achievement recognition records
How to Stay on Top of Mountains of Paperwork
These mountains of paperwork are confidential and have to be stored securely. But, at the same time, many people across the business need access to these documents are various points in time. In the past it has fallen to HR teams to find the documentation, pull it out of secure storage and somehow (confidentially) get it to the relevant party who needs this information. Not any more!
Today, thanks to Personio: personnel data and HR documents can be stored in one place. Employees are able to upload their documents directly, including medical certificates and qualifications. As a result, not only is HR always in control, they also have an accurate, holistic overview of all employee documents, at all times. And because Personio is securely cloud-based, this means that relevant stakeholders can get access to any document they want (logically structured in file folders that make sense for your business), at any time, from anywhere. No more searching frantically for documents before you make that offer, or ‘losing’ an employee payslip!
And, since Personio lets you define access rights so that only the right people can see the relevant information, not only is your data secure: it’s also compliant with privacy laws.
Three Ways to Save Time and Hassle, and Improve Efficiency
- With Personio, documents and contracts can be created based on templates and stored in custom directories. If your HR team wants frequently-used documents available at their fingertips, Personio can help you do that. You can even import existing Word templates so you never have to write another referral letter from scratch again! Start with a template and customize it by updating it with the right information, quickly and easily.
- Tired of printing out individual payslips, saving them one-by one, or even posting them? With Personio you can use the automation feature to automatically upload payslips to a digital employee file so they can download their payslips themselves.
- Take back control of your time with Personio’s employee self-service facilities. Employees can upload documents such as sick leave certificates or other documents that provide proof of payment like ‘public transport tickets’, which are reimbursed by some employees in some countries, academic certificates, or leave requests.
Make Life Easier for HR: Add Real Value to Your Employees’ Lives
From the moment someone is hired until the day they leave or retire, having all employee-related documents in one place, with secure access control available in a GDPR-compliant, cloud-based system gives your HR team time to be people-people. The result is that HR has less pressure to do mundane admin work, documents are always up to date, and everyone can go home on time.
Personio helps you focus on people, not paperwork so everyone can do better work.